(you know when I coined the phrase ‘pass it on’ I didn’t realise that I’d stolen it from Albert – sorry Albert)
Australia’s Children’s Book Industry E-zine since 2004
Hello and welcome!
So what is – PASS IT ON?
PASS IT ON is a weekly, networking e-zine for those involved with or interested in the CHILDREN’S BOOK WRITING & ILLUSTRATING INDUSTRY.
PASS IT ON has been providing industry news and opportunities to subscribers since 2004.
Now in its 15th year PASS IT ON or PIO as it is affectionately known is a place where children’s writers, illustrators, publishers, editors, agents, writers’ centres, reviewers can tune in for the latest and most up to date industry news.
Social media, while extremely helpful, is now so abundant that news can get lost. PIO is only about the children’s book writing industry and with the help of subscribers it aims to provide you with the best and latest news.
Each week PIO interviews an author and an illustrator. Past author interviews can be read on this blog and past illustrators’ interviews can be read here.
Soon I hope to include interviews with publishers and editors – stay tuned.
Here is a list of other information included in each week’s issue…
- General announcements from members and/or industry
- New publications
- Book launches around Australia
- Special events
- Writers’/illustrators’ festivals
- Publisher guidelines
- Book reviews &
- Other things of interest
The e-zine is emailed to subscribers every Monday and is extremely good value at around 60 cents per week ($30/year) – I usually take around 4 weeks off per year.
If you are new to the Children’s Book Writing/Illustration Industry and just don’t know where to start then here is a good place.
To receive a recent issue or to enquire about subscribing please email me – jackiehosking [at] bigpond . com .
Or to pay by PayPal just click the ‘subscribe’ button below.
You don’t need an account, just a credit card.
This will subscribe you for 12 months only.
.Thanks for your interest….
Testimonials from Australian Children’s Authors
- Jackie does a brilliant job with PASS IT ON! Jackie French
- Jackie is a dedicated professional who has taken her role as editor of the e-zine PIO seriously. She provides a great communication service to the writing and illustrating community. She is also a manuscript assessor and writer herself and I would recommend her services. Susanne Gervay
- I find PASS IT ON a very useful forum for information and advice, as well as for alerting writers to issues and scams. We need to network more effectively, and PIO is a great tool. Sherryl Clark
- Jackie Hosking is doing a remarkable job with PASS IT ON…just yesterday an email came through on a discussion list I’m on. The writer mentioned a new opportunity and finished by saying:
“I read about this in PASS IT ON…if you don’t yet subscribe to this, then do it now! This really is a don’t- miss networking newsletter for writers!” Marg McAlister
- Jackie took over the editorial job of PASS IT ON with some trepidation but has proved to be an extraordinary publisher, editor and organiser. (And an extraordinarily good friend too.) Margaret Clark
- Pass it on is a terrific way to share information in the book trade. I look forward to it every week. Libby Gleeson
- Passion and unselfishness fire the movers and shakers in the world of children’s books – from the members of the Children’s Book Council to Jackie Hosking (editor and publisher) of PASS IT ON. Edel Wignell
- Jackie is an excellent editor for Pass it On, the writers’ newsletter no Aussie children’s author can afford to be without. Jackie’s work is always spot on, prompt and accurate, and she has built a wide list of subscribers who have become her friends. No one in the writing world has anything but good to say about Jackie, and that in itself is a high recommendation. Sally Odgers
- Jackie provides an invaluable service to me as a writer and editor with her weekly newsletters containing information and notifications in the area of children’s literature and picture books. I find the information she provides continually useful. Her fees are reasonable and she produces on time. Daan Spijer
- Jackie took over as editor of ‘PASS IT ON’, eight years ago. It is a wonderful tool for information about the children’s literature world, especially for would-be writers and illustrators. She does a superb job in gathering valuable information, and produces it without fail each Monday. She accepts notification of events even on Sunday night, as well. The children’s literature world is all very grateful to her. Virginia Lowe